Whoops, I see my last Church Sketches entry was listed as No. 4, when it should have been No. 3. Oh well, we’ll fix it by calling this one III and let the historians sort it out.
Anyway, here’s my latest batch of sketches I did while listening to sermons and what not …
From the top, we have a fire-using heroine, a smirking hipster, a Timm-style half-orc and a hero I’ve dubbed the Fist of the Twighlight Crane. In particular, I like the idea of Twighlight Crane’s uniform. Rather than a logo, it would feature a screen printed, but iconic scene of a crane framed by the setting sun.
First off, you’ll have to excuse the lousy scans here. I retouched as best I could, hence the weird use of whites.
Beginning at the top, we have a myconid warrior, then there’s the speedster I’m calling The Comet, that’s followed by the weirdly smiling wrinkly guy and the leader of the stunt-riding squad known as Team 76.
Here I continue my efforts to brain-storm a few superheroines. At the top is Deadly Fox, a woman dubbed Super Yellow by the little one, another hero woman and finally the knight character I call Falcon.
Boy, I love drawing Falcon. I gotta get back to that particular project!
Looking for more in this series? Here you go!
- CHURCH SKETCHES — Rabbits and dwarves
- CHURCH SKETCHES II — The Peril of Hypno-Croc
- CHURCH SKETCHES III — Heroes and oddities
- CHURCH SKETCHES IV — Jesus and the Easter Bunny
- CHURCH SKETCHES V — Of Angels and Underdwellers
- CHURCH SKETCHES VI — Catching up
- CHURCH SKETCHES VII — Calling all Heroes
- CHURCH SKETCHES VIII — Heroes and villains of the Blackout
- CHURCH SKETCHES IX — A Fine Collection of Supers
- CHURCH SKETCHES X — Back in the Mix