Once again, I offer you my doodles. Most of these were done while I was in church. I love our church because instead of pews they have lecture-hall style tables. That means I get to spread out and relax.
Most of my doodles are done with a ball point pen. As you can probably tell, I haven’t had any formal art training outside of high school — as such my absolute favorite “art instrument” is a clicking ball-point pen. In fact, all through high school, I always made sure to have a pen from where my father worked. They were great pens. For years, I hadn’t seen one and then when I was at home, I saw dad had some in his pen jar. From there, I insisted that he bring me a whole bagful. I’ve been happy with my doodles ever since!
So just what are the doodles here? Let’s take a look …
- Hypno-Croc — The hypnotic crocodile man!
- A Horse — No explanation needed.
- Waterdragon — A turtle-like superhero.
- Jack of Clubs — A superhero with a mace. I need to change his chest insignia. This one is probably my favorite of the bunch.
- Cam Clutch — A high-speed, car-throttling man of action.
- Superhero — I drew him just this weekend, and I haven’t given him a name yet. And just for fun, I added the hand blasts and Kirby dots.
- The Duck with The Black Hand — He’s a duck with an evil black hand! He’s a menace, I say!
- Crown Julie — A superhero that would make more sense if he was a she.
- Gnome digger — He’s a short fellow that’s really good with a shovel.
- Rock Snake — A snake-themed villain with the power to turn into rock and gravel.
- The Satyrant — A tech villain.
Looking for more in this series? Here you go!
- CHURCH SKETCHES — Rabbits and dwarves
- CHURCH SKETCHES II — The Peril of Hypno-Croc
- CHURCH SKETCHES III — Heroes and oddities
- CHURCH SKETCHES IV — Jesus and the Easter Bunny
- CHURCH SKETCHES V — Of Angels and Underdwellers
- CHURCH SKETCHES VI — Catching up
- CHURCH SKETCHES VII — Calling all Heroes
- CHURCH SKETCHES VIII — Heroes and villains of the Blackout
- CHURCH SKETCHES IX — A Fine Collection of Supers
- CHURCH SKETCHES X — Back in the Mix