The wife and I spend most of our Saturdays tooling around the county
dropping in yard sales. Most of the time, I don’t find much. Sometimes
I’ll find a stray figure or so, but usually nothing too exciting. This
weekend however, was way different.
At one sale, I cam across a box of action figures, selling at “3 for $1” or 50 cents each.
pawed through the box, and was surprised at what I found, and I quickly
had $3 of figures. But there was still a lot more that I thought were
So, I walked up to the owner, and said “I’ve got $3
worth of figures right here. Would you be willing to sell me the rest
of the box too?” As usual, the owner asked me for an offer.
I thought about it and said, “$3 for the bunch I have here, and $5 for the rest.” She thought about it and said OK.
When I got home, I was wowed by what was in there:
- About 8 figures from the Remco Chuck Norris line.
- Several figures from the 1980s RoboCop line. (My favorite)
- Six fuzzy headed Troll dolls (I’ll be tossing those).
- Bob the Goon from the “Batman” movie
- Two Lex Luthors. One from the Super Powers line and the other from the 1989 line.
- Six or seven figures from the Beetlejuice line.
- Probably 10 figures from the Ghostbusters line.
Masters of the Universe figures from the later part of the first
series. One was the sword guy from the movie. Another of a black guy.
- Two identical “Baby” figures from the “Dinosaurs” TV show.
- One Robotech pilot.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures. One of Usagi Yojimbo (though his
ears were broken), one of a turtle and one of the villains.
- Two Bucky O’Hare figures.
- A CowBoy of Moo Mesa.
- A Captain Planet.
- Probably another dozen figures I’m forgetting. (I may ad more to the list when I get home)
if you see my subhead to this forum, you note that it says $8.10. That
10-cents is where the really good part of the day comes in.
At another sale, I was sorting through a small bin of toys that were marked 10-cents apiece. Nothing special, nothing too old.
And at the bottom of this bin?
A MARVEL SUPER-HEROES SECRET WARS KANG FIGURE!!!!!
Yes, Kang for 10 cents. In perfect condition. All that was missing was his accessories. It made my day!
Leave a Reply