“The Batman” debuted Sat. Sept. 11 at 10:30 on Kids WB. What were your thoughts?
I’m in the middle on this one, cuz there’s things I liked and things I didn’t.
- Alfred’s role as a sort of tutor for Bruce.
- The fact that Batman is an urban legend
- The action sequences were good (but still no B:TAS)
- Overall design of the series. I liked the backgrounds.
- The segueway sequences with the flurry of bats.
discussion between the two cops about the fact that Bats never leaves
any physical evidence. One said “No fingerprints, no hair follicles
…” and I said “A-ha! That’s why he wears the mask and cowl to keep
his hair follicles from being discovered!” (OK, it’s a bit of a leap,
but it explains a mask and cowl!)
- The character design of the Joker. There’s no need to change what works.
on Batman’s gloves. Again, there’s no need to change what works. I’ll
probably be fine with this after a few episodes. I just hope he doesn’t
start using them like Sabretooth.
- Overall story, even as a pilot episode, it was exceptionally weak compared to B:TAS.
- Bruce Wayne’s character design. Even though he’s supposed to be a modern-day 20-something, that’s not a good Bruce Wayne.
- The Bat Pager. Auuuugh! How’s a fella supposed to keep a secret identity when he lugs around a pager with his logo on it!