In an effort to prove I’m a victim of the Peter Pan syndrome … a list of some of my guilty pleasures …
- Spice Girls
- Really weird pop from the 1970s, i.e. “Kung-Fu Fighting,” “Convoy” “Chick-a-boom.”
- Blue Oyster Cult
- Phil Collins
- Disney’s “Beauty & The Beast” soundtrack
- Crocodile Hunter
- Leave It To Beaver
- Brady Bunch
Food Network TV show where they talk about the origins of various foods
& restaurants. Hosted by the guy who used to be on “Double Dare”
- “Girls Gone Wild” commercials
- Midnight Madness (With that guy from the Dr. Pepper commercials)
- Movies about drug addiction (Less than Zero, Requeim for A Dream, etc.)
- Muppet movies.
- Movies with swords. Any movie with a sword, especially in an anacranistic fashion a la “Just Visiting” with Jean Reno.
- Disco movies.
- Scavenger hunt movies (Like that one with Cuba Gooding Jr. or “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World”)
- Buckaroo Banzai, Jake Speed, Remo Williams, Hudson Hawk and Big Trouble in Little China
- Destroyer novels. Bad writing, good characterization.
- Fairy tales.
literature from before I was born. (I’m reading a 1959 novel called
“Revolt on Alpha C” by Robert Silverberg right now. … And you’ve all
seen my “Heidi” thread, right?)
- Making Shrinky Dinks
- Painting a Christmas Village.