Once again I was asked by the amazing folks at The York Emporium to create a St. Patrick’s Day Parade coloring page for them.
The winners in this coloring page contest earn prizes from the book store and an opportunity to ride on their York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade Float.
Download the St Patrick’s Day Coloring Page PDF!
You can print this PDF out on a standard legal size piece of paper to color it yourself and I hope you do! The image was designed to provide lots of spaces for variations in how you color it and to make it your own.
Need some inspiration on how to color your Leprechaun? Check out these amazing Leprechaun facts!
- Never Trust a Leprechaun. These little guys are terrible tricksters who love to make mischief. They’ll do all they can to have fun at YOUR expense!
- The End of the Rainbow? Leprechauns are known to hide their pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. The trick is you can’t ever get to the end of the rainbow, so they must be hiding it someplace else. Any guesses?
- What’s the Mortgage on That Thing? Leprechauns live inside hollow trees and stumps. They don’t mind the low ceilings since they’re so short. Word is that these magical stumps are bigger on the inside than they look.
- Just Knock! So how do you get inside their stump house? Try knocking on it and ask if you can come in! Leprechauns may be tricksters, but they love to entertain guests.
- Leprechaun Magic! Leprechauns have a few magical powers that we know of but there may be more. So far, we know they have the irresistible ability to compel humans to dance. We also know that they can turn invisible and command small creatures like mice, rabbits and toads. What other magical abilities have you seen?
- Wearing of the Green. Leprechauns always wear green. Why? Because every “family” in fairykind has its own color! Can you guess which fairies wear the other colors?
- Only in Ireland? Leprechauns started out as natives to Ireland, but they followed the Irish people as they spread out into the world. Now there are Leprechauns everywhere! There may be one in your back yard!
- Magic Stick! Many leprechauns carry magic sticks that go by many names, including shillelaghs (sh-lay-lee), cudgels or hurleys. These sticks allow them to hurl rocks, balls, eggs, beetles, apples, turnips and berries great distances and with amazing accuracy. How far can you hit a turnip?
- Four Leafs or Gold? Leprechauns love their gold, but they are also obsessed with four-leaf clovers. If you find one, you may be able to trade it for a gold coin.
- Catch Me If You Can! On St. Patrick’s Day, Leprechauns are bound by a special spell. If you catch a Leprechaun on March 17, you can force them to give you their pot of gold!
- But Be Warned! If you DO make them give you their pot of gold, they’ll do everything they can to get it back. If you can resist their tricks for the next year, they’ll give up and let you keep the pot of gold.